Biological Fungicide – Granules and Wettable Powder
EPA REGISTERED & OMRI Listed
Exempt from CT EPA Regulations on K-8 and Municipal Parks!
TurfShield® PLUS protects turfgrass from Sclerotinia homeocarpa (Dollar Spot), as well as Pythium, Rhizoctonia, and Fusarium. Produces stronger, healthier root systems, enhancing moisture and nutrient uptake while boosting the turfgrass stress tolerance. TurfShield PLUS is a preventative biological fungicide for the control of turf diseases. It contains two active ingredients, Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain T-22 and Trichoderma virens strain G-41. When applied, these microbes colonize turfgrass roots and protect from damping off caused by common soil pathogens. TurfShield PLUS also produces stronger root systems that have greater soil exploration and moisture uptake, resulting in better turf quality and stand establishment. TurfShield PLUS is compatible with many turf fungicides, fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides. It is an excellent tool for fungicide reduction and resistance management.
Turf Shield Plus Benefits
• Compatible with many turf fungicides, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides.
• Longer intervals when compared to synthetics.
• An excellent tool for fungicide reduction and resistance management.
• Active ingredient is practically non-toxic, non-allergenic and nonpathogenic to mammals.
• Increases tolerance to a variety of stresses.
• Solubilizes inorganic nutrients (P, Zn, Mn, Fe and Cu).
• Increased moisture and nutrient uptake by plant.
• Improved turf quality and establishment.
• Increased root exploration.
TurfShield Plus is organic and environmentally-friendly, can be used against many fungal diseases and is safe for pets, animals and children.
Labeled for the Following Diseases:
• Sclerotinia homeocarpa (Dollar Spot)
Apply TurfShield at a rate of 1 to 1.5 ounces per 1,000 square feet (Wettable Power) or 1 to 2 pounds per 1,000 square feet (Granular). Apply at least twice a year in early spring and late summer/early fall and at new turf seedling. Soil temperatures should be above 50°F at application.
Active Ingredients (WP and Granular)
Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain T-22* ........ 1.15%.
Trichoderma virens strain G-41** ..................... 0.61%.
*Contains at least 1.0 x 107 colony forming units per gram dry weight.
**Contains at least 5.3 x 106 colony forming units per gram dry weight.
Available Sizes (Wettable Powder)
• 3 pounds (covers 48,000 square feet at 1oz per 1,000 square feet rate).
• 30 pound box (covers 480,000 square feet at 1oz per 1,000 square feet rate).
Available Sizes (Granular)
• 40 pound bag (covers 40,000 square feet at 1 lb per 1,000 square feet rate).
TurfShield is compatible with many products commonly used in tank mixes by plant, tree and turf care professionals. Our scientists have tested various products for tank mixing compatibility. Please see the chart below. If you have questions or compounds that you would like to mix with TurfShield and do not see them on our list, please contact us or submit the sample submission form below.